Many years ago, I tried sugared cranberries for the first time. I loved them. I loved the tangy and sweet flavor, the crunchy texture, and their festive look! Sugared cranberries can be used in so many different ways and are especially fun to use this time of year. They are delicious eaten on their own, but are also a colorful addition to a cheese board or a fun garnish to a NYE cocktail.
1 cup water
1 1/2 cup sugar, divided
3 cups fresh cranberries
1. In a small saucepan, combine water and 1 cup sugar. Stir simple syrup over
medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Transfer to a bowl and cool to room
2. Rinse cranberries and add them to the cooled simple syrup mixture. Cover and
3. After cranberries have soaked overnight, remove them from the simple syrup and
let them dry on a wire rack until tacky, about 1 hour.
4. Place 1/2 cup sugar into a medium bowl. Working in batches, toss cranberries in
the sugar making sure they are fully coated.
5. Place cranberries on wire rack to set for at least 1 hour.
6. Enjoy sugared cranberries as a snack, on a dessert, or as a garnish for a cocktail.