When I was putting together cookie kits last fall, I stumbled upon this cute elf hat cookie cutter. Not only was it the perfect addition to the cookie kits, it also became a staple in my personal cookie cutter collection. When I got it out this year, this cute design quickly came to mind! I used a sprinkle blend from a local shop, but you could also use white non-pareils for a more traditional look.
1. Scoop half of the buttercream into a small bowl and tint it with the red gel color.
2. Fit the pastry bags with the couplers (if using) and the pastry tips.
3. Fill one of the bags with 3/4 cup of red icing. Fill the other bag with 3/4 cup of
4. Starting with the white icing, outline the bottom of the hat and the pouf. Fill in
these sections with buttercream using a back and forth motion.
5. Fill a shallow bowl or plate with sprinkles. Gently press the cookie into the
6. Using the red icing, outline the middle portion of the hat. Then, fill it in with a
back and forth motion.
These elf hats are just the right amount of whimsy for this Christmas and I know they'll bring a smile to anyone who sees them. Enjoy!